Three of the biggest risks faced by firefighters are disorientation, visibility and accountability (to both individuals and tools). Foxfire® illuminating products assist firefighters in facing these risks by improving positional orientation, making personnel easy to locate and illuminating search areas.
- Increases visibility and positional orientation
- Can be charged by any light source (sun, artificial light, low light)
- Will illuminate for hours
- May be recharged repeatedly by any light condition
- Glow/illumination serves as a “light emitter”
- Energy efficient, eco-friendly and no batteries required
- Made of industrial grade high temperature resistant silicone
- Can withstand high temperatures
How It Works
Our products utilize advanced photoluminescent technology. During production, photoluminescence is added to our products through advanced procedures involving suspended photoluminescent crystals. Photoluminescent crystals possess the unique capacity to absorb and store energy from ambient light like a naturally occurring battery. In darkness, the pigments instantly emit a glow by releasing the stored light energy. Our special production processes enable our coatings and products to glow for up to 17 hours when fully charged. And through a patented color blending capability, we can offer photoluminescent materials in bright daytime colors and different colors.